Finally! Some rock star stuff! My husband and I went to see Ghost, a Swedish metal band, at the Giant Center in Hershey, PA, USA on 10/24/2019, which happens to be the day after my birthday. 😀
Oh, the music! The theatrics! Pyrotechnics. I had a blast.
Ghost is one of my favorite bands, as I generally a HUGE metal head with a taste for goth electronic stuff, and some good alternative. The concert was fantastic! In my top three concerts of all time, I’d say, number 2. KMFDM in Berlin, Germany is number 1, and Muse, the first time I saw them in Philadelphia, PA, rounds things out at number 3.
Back to Ghost! Every single member of the band is a a performer, with Cardinal Copia, the band’s lead singer, being a natural showman. Really. He’s knows how to engage the crowd and feed off energy.
My husband and I were in the nosebleed section. I didn’t care. I just wanted to be there. Also, with my back, I needed to be seated and away from jostling. Luckily, I have a old, but good, point and shoot camera that allowed me to get some decent shots of the band. With the help of Adobe Lightroom, I managed to clean them up and crop’em.
Would I see Ghost again? Hell yes.
I have other observations about the concert, and the entire experience in general.
- Ghost fans are generally very nice. Every interaction I had with other fans that day was a pleasant. No one really seemed pretentious and nasty.
- It was amazing to be engaged from as far back as I was. Even though I was seemingly far away from the action, fellow fans were dancing and singing along. As for myself, I was right there with them.
- Band merch is expensive. Yikes! I did plan for it though. I’ve been saving up cash to get what I wanted, and I did.
- Cardinal Copia is gracious. During the song “Kiss the Go-Goat,” someone tossed a stuffed goat on the stage. Some performers may have had a hissy fit about this, but our dear Cardinal picked it up, gave is a kiss, and put it aside. It was funny. I did get the moment in a picture, though it is blurry.
- Yes, we know where we are, Cardinal Copia. Cardinal Copia, and Ghost’s previous singer, Papa Emeritus III, like to remind concert goers of the town and state/province they are located in, a lot. I didn’t mind this, but my husband had a good time pointing this out, so I’m adding this to my notes.
That’s about it, readers, for this post. A week later, and I’m still in post-concert afterglow.
Want to see more of my photos? I have them in an album on Flickr.